To ensure that your TECHNISTONE surface will be covered by our 20 year Limited Residential Warranty, please complete the warranty registration form at the end of the below Terms & Condionditions, within 5 days of installation of a TECHNISTONE product in your home.
TECHNISTONE South Africa reserves the right not to offer the free warranty service if the requirements stated below in the Terms & Conditions are not satisfied or if the information completed in the Warranty Registration Form submitted by the purchaser is false, incomplete or illegible in any way.
LIMITED RESIDENTIAL WARRANTY
WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Congratulations on your recent purchase of TECHNISTONE SOUTH AFRICA Quartz Surfaces (hereinafter “TECHNISTONE”) for your project.
Please take the time to read our care and maintenance recommendations. By following the proper installation, care and maintenance of TECHNISTONE you should have many years of enjoyment from our product.
Listed below are the terms and conditions applicable to TECHNISTONE.
What is included in our warranty:
- TECHNISTONE offers a limited 20 year residential warranty to the original customer for a period of 20 years from the date of installation.
- The warranty covers any defects arising from the manufacture of the slab. Subsequent fabrication and installation are not covered in this warranty
- This warranty covers replacement of TECHNISTONE material only.
What is not included in our warranty:
- Any defect or damage to the Product arising from work done by anyone other than an authorised TECHNISTONE processor.
- The fabrication and installation of the product by other parties.
- The use of the product as flooring or outdoors or in areas near swimming pools.
- The discolouration of the Product if it is exposed to direct sunlight over a prolonged period.
- Any modification or alteration to the surface of TECHNISTONE
- Damage to the product due to prolonged exposure to chemicals or solvents.
- Damage by: a. Placing hot pots / pans on the surface
b. Applying excessive weight to the surface
8. The “Crystal Dark Shell” product has sea shells embedded on the surface of the product. These shells are susceptible to staining and react to vinegar, citric acid, fruit juices and other mild acids. The shells can be abraded or scratched if they come into contact with harder materials or sharp tools.
No claims will be accepted if such defects appear after installation.
9. Any defect or damage as a result of the product not being cleaned in accordance with the TECHNISTONE Care and Maintenance Guide.
10. Variations in colour, pattern or shade of the material against sample material, displayed or illustrated material.
11. Failure of adhesives, caulking materials, damage resulting due to the accessories installed, failure due to inadequate support to joints and seams.
12. Damage as a result of sitting, climbing or standing on the product.
14. Any defect or damage as a result of mishandling or abuse.
15. Cracks are not a material fault.
They are not covered in the warranty and are usually a result of:
a. Mechanical stress on the material after installation
b. Settlement or movement in joinery or house as a whole
c. Sitting, standing or climbing on your bench top
d. Excessive heat/thermal shock
e. Sink or cook top cut out (not covered)
f. “L” shaped cut out/improper installation
16. Chipping is not a material fault. It is normally a direct result due to impact to the edge of the surface. Chips are not covered by this warranty.
17. Fireplaces are not covered as a result of variations in design and heat output.
18. What is referred to as spots or blemishes (A certain level of spots or blemishes are inherent in the manufacturing process and do not affect the structural integrity of the slab.)
19. The warranty only applies if the product was installed by an authorised TECHNISTONE processor.
20. Transportation, freight, tear-out, disposal or reinstallation, fabrication costs or other additional costs beyond the cost of the slabs is not covered.
21. Any additional or supplemental repairs and/or modifications (The subsequent fabrication, application and workmanship is not covered under this warranty such as any plumbing, electrical, tile or wall surface modifications that may be necessary to repair or replace the product etc. Such repairs and modifications shall be the responsibility of the purchaser.)
22. Any damage caused whereby further construction work is done after the installation of the product.
All decisions applicable to this warranty are at the sole discretion of TECHNISTONE SOUTH AFRICA. No representative, dealer, salesperson, distributor, fabricator or any other person is authorized to make any warranty or promises on behalf of TECHNISTONE SOUTH AFRICA.
TECHNISTONE SOUTH AFRICA reserves the right not to give the free warranty service if the requirements established herein are not satisfied, or if the information submitted by the purchaser is false, incomplete or illegible.
Please keep your proof of purchase (invoice/delivery note etc.) and get in contact directly with the seller of the product to obtain assistance with regards to this warranty.
CARE & MAINTENANCE GUIDE
It is hard to believe that a surface so elegant and beautiful can be so durable and with only minimal effort, this beauty will last for years to come.
Here are a few tips on how to keep your TECHNISTONE surface looking its best.
Clean the surface after each use with mild detergent soap and water and then wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
After prolonged or heavy exposure to oils, acidic or deeply coloured fruits/vegetables that have been prepared on the surface but not cleaned off promptly, it may be necessary to clean the surface with warm water and a small amount of standard non-abrasive household cleaner such as some of the following. However, please be sure to thoroughly rinse the residue of these cleaning products off the surface as soon as possible.
Mr Muscle Multi-Surface Cleaner
Liqui Cleen Cream
Easy Off Bang Gel
On occasion, stubborn substances such as hard water spots, food colouring or dried food particles may accumulate on the surface and appear as stains therefore seeming to be resistant to removal. Don’t worry, these are surface blemishes and can be removed gently with a soft abrasive cleaner and a pink and white Scotch-Brite® pad.
Green and red Scotch-Brite® pads should not be used as they are too abrasive.
Rinse the surface after the use of these cleaners and wipe dry.
For the toughest blemishes such as nail polish and permanent marker, use a pink and white Scotch-Brite® pad and acetone to remove the blemish and then rinse the surface well with soap and water.
TECHNISTONE is 99.9% solid so whatever appears on the surface is not in the product and can be cleaned off with care and patience.
Things to Avoid
Prolonged exposure to excessive heat from pots, skillets or poorly insulated crock pots may damage the surface due to thermal shock.
When setting a heated object on a TECHNISTONE surface, you must use a trivet or hot pad.
When cutting up fruits, vegetables and meats, a cutting board should be used.
While the natural quartz of TECHNISTONE will resist scratches from knives and utensils, a cutting board will make the surface easier to clean and prolong the appearance of the surface.
Most household chemicals do not affect TECHNISTONE surfaces but there are some household agents that should be avoided such as drain cleaners, oven cleaners, paint removers/strippers etc. These contain Methylene Chloride or other chemicals with a high Alkaline/PH level and should be removed immediately with warm water and detergent cleaner should they come into contact with the surface. Even brief contact with these substances may damage your TECHNISTONE surface.
Avoid sitting, standing or climbing on your bench top as well as knocking, dropping or bumping the product with heavy items.