CARE AND MAINTENANCE FOR YOUR PAPERSTONE® SURFACE
Here are a few tips on how to keep your PaperStone® surface looking its best.
Please note: Although durable, PaperStone is still a composite material made from recycled paper therefore it is not as resilient to everyday wear and tear in comparison to a quartz surface.
Clean the surface after each use with diluted mild detergent soap (Sunlight Liquid) and water and then wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
Remember to clean up spills immediately to minimize any possible damage to your PaperStone surface.
Use a tray for toiletry products in the bathroom to protect the surface from potentially damaging chemicals contained in many toiletry products.
To maintain PaperStone’s rich, warm lustre, use a food-safe natural bee’s wax furniture polish.
Things to Avoid
PaperStone is heat resistant to 180°C however a trivet or heating pad must be used to ensure no damage will be caused but exceedingly hot pots, skillets or poorly insulated crock pots taken directly out of the oven or off the stove and purposefully placed on the counter surface.
PaperStone is extremely dense and more durable than wood and is resistant to scratches. However, similar to all surfaces, it c an be scratched. Most scratches are usually light, superficial and easily removed/repairable.
Due to PaperStone’s non-porosity, it is food safe and hygienic as it does not promote the growth of bacteria.
However when cutting up fruits, vegetables and meats, a cutting board should be used as an extra protection to your surface and in turn your utensils. This will also prolong the appearance of the surface.
Avoid using cleaning substances that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub cleaners as well as abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers
Vinegar, bleach, ammonia or other general-purpose cleaners are also not to be spilled/used on the surface.